TRAIL CHALLENGE SERIES. RACE NO 3. RICHMOND PARK
We were very fortunate the rain stopped just before the start. I'd have been dead miserable if I had been getting wet as well. This last race was timed to be in the week of a major holiday orienteering week in Scotland which took away many of the experienced orienteering regulars. This kept the numbers down but meant we had a much higher proportion (and maybe even a much higher number) of non-orienteers at the start. So you all did very well to get round with less people to follow!
There were series wins for Martin (10k men), Katka (6k women) Steve (6k supervet) and Phil (10k vet and a non-orienteer - well done!). Congratulations to all of them. Unfortunately no woman did all three 10k races.
We certainly enjoyed putting on the series as a club and will be doing something similar (and possibly exactly the same) next summer.
Until then the following may be of interest: (Click on links to see more info)
- Tuesday 5 August. Pembroke Lodge car park in the park. A 5k orienteering course.
- Saturday 9 August (morning) Tadworth AC are organising a street orienteering score event from the Chequers pub in Walton-on-the-Hill
- Tuesday 12 August. The final weekday evening offering of the summer. From the TH&H clubhouse again., orienteering combined with (what I suspect to be) one or two 'corporate challenge' type games.
- Sunday 14 September. Trail Challenge Race. on the South Downs. At the Devil's Dyke just NW of Brighton. At last, another club is copying SLOW's invention.
- Sunday 12 October. A variety of orienteering courses from the Broomfield Hill car park in Richmond Park.
and I hope to see you all at one or more of the above
10km Trail Results - Click here for 10km split times
Pl Name Club Time
1 Martin Stepanek CROC 40:22
2 Chris Beecham LOK 42:17
3 Gavin Francis Sheen Shufflers 42:22
4 Tony Burton MV 43:27
5 Paul Whiston CROC 44:19
6 Charel Marais IND 44:20
7 Paul Oates CROC 44:37
8 Phil Davies STRAGGLERS 47:01
9 Paul Conner CROC 47:22
10 Alison High CROC 53:20
11 Gavin Berry IND 53:26
12 Ellis Bright IND 53:41
13 Paul Ormerod Sheen Shufflers 54:12
14 Keith Jarratt CROC 54:27
15 Paul Roberts IND 54:29
16 Patrick Pencilly IND 58:00
17 Peter McKibben IND 58:01
18 Emma Rowntree Sheen Shufflers 59:10
19 Andrew Harvey-Smith IND 59:13
20 Bryn Buffery IND 1:23:39
21 Pete Woolston IND 1:23:41
Iain Bloxsome CROC mp
mp= missed punched
6km trail - results Click here for 6km split times
1 David Fisher Tadworth 28:53
2 Andrew Redington LOK 29:48
3 Katka Heczkova CROC 30:08
4 Martin Smith HALO 30:36
5 Steve Brockbank CROC 37:54
6 Maurice Dunnett MV 55:00
7 Sue Boyman EPSOM & EWELL 59:51
8 Debbie Burse EPSOM & EWELL 59:54
9 Sue Blunt EPSOM & EWELL 59:56
10 Marion Jakeman EPSOM & EWELL 59:57
11 Moira O'Leary EPSOM & EWELL 59:59
12 Annabel Faulkner EPSOM & EWELL 1:00:00